See my actual packing list for 4 days in my Night Flight Travel Duffle!
I’ve done several mini-trips for work that involved flying up somewhere one day and back the same day or even just catching the earliest flight the next day home after delivering something or attending an important meeting.
But what if you got a free ticket to Vegas (but sleeping is such a buzzkill time waster)!?!? Or a quick flight on a no-frills airline for a family emergency? Or did you get stuck somewhere when your flight was canceled? Quick, versatile packing is a skill that is good to have.
I got the Tom Bihn Night Flight Travel Duffle for more than just minimal travel, but I know it could be used for up to 3 days travel if you are judicious. If I did need to add, the first thing that would go in would be a pair of leggings!
Here is my baseline for a day trip (via plane):
I don’t have much in the way of spare clothes but I do have clean (SmartWool) socks and undies that live in the orange TB Travel Stuff Sack and a long sleeve shirt for layering. I travel with the Ex Officio undies that are super comfy and wash/dry easily just like the SmartWool socks. I could add another short sleeve shirt if I wanted to extend a day.
Otherwise this is pretty much what I need to work and amuse myself for a day or so.
- iPhone 6+ and iPad mini
- Bluetooth keyboard
- TB iPad sleeve
- iPhone/iPad charging cable
- EYN case for iPhone
- REI travel wall adaptor with USB charger (REI discontinued theirs but Lewis N Clark has the almost exact thing, and here is another option I also have)
- Moleskine 2016 Weekly Notebook, 12M, Large, Scarlet Red, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) + pens in a carrier from (mine is from Daiso. Here’s something similar.)
- TB Travel Tray
- TB Side Effect with shoulder strap to make a pouch purse
- sippy cup
- shopping bag
In my dry kit:
- Shampoo bar
- tooth powder
- cocoa butter stick. They also have a version with SPF 30 or so, that is handy to have as well.
- nail nippers
- lotion bar/tin
- lip balm
- crystal deoderant
Wearing: Columbia pants, quick dry (or wool) black t-shirt, black pashmina/shawl, lightweight jacket, smartwool socks, ex officio undies, black shoes
This all fit with room to spare 😉